ADDC follows a process called the Four Point Approach: Organization, Promotion, Economic Restructuring, & Design. These pillars help to support our mission. This approach is a comprehensive revitalization process designed to improve all aspects of a downtown, producing both intangible and tangible benefits.
Organization – Gets everyone working toward the same goal and assembling the human and financial resources needed to implement the Downtown Progress Plan. This is an administrative committee, making sure everything proceeds on schedule
- Promotes the program to the public; recruits and rewards volunteers
- Develops fundraising plans, gathers funds from key supporters
- Establishes relationships with other entities; City government, civic organizations, etc.
- Go-getters and “admin types,
this is your group!
Promotion – markets the downtown’s unique assets to bring people downtown. Sells a positive image of the downtown and encourages consumers and investors to live, work, shop, play and invest in Downtown Albemarle.
- The party-planning people
- Creates a positive image through advertising, retail promotional activity, and special events carried out by local volunteers
- These activities improve consumer and investor confidence in the district and encourage commercial activity and investment in the area
Design – the committee works to get downtown Albemarle into top physical shape. Historic preservation is the key.
- Artists, architecture buffs and preservationists welcome here!
- Creates an inviting atmosphere through attractive window displays, parking areas, building improvements, and streetscape
- Instills good maintenance practices in the downtown
Economic Restructuring – improves the downtown’s economic base by assisting and recruiting businesses
- Bean counters and idea people – We Need You!
- Aims to strengthen existing businesses and welcome new ones to our downtown
- Conducts and analyzes marketing surveys to determine what businesses the town wants and needs